From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.2 compile problem
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 13:43:56
1 On Tuesday 03 February 2009 07:53:22 Dirk Uys wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I'm trying to emerge kde-4.2, but the kde-base/systemsettings-4.2.0
5 > ebuild fails:
6 >
7 <snip/>
8 >
9 > Have anyone else successfully built kde4.2?
10
11 Three systems so far, one x86, two amd64. Every single one failed to emerge
12 kde 4.2 cleanly in a single run, but subsequently now has it.
13
14 What I mostly did was just restarted emerge -- and it would have the packages
15 in different order and pass the problem spot a few packages later without the
16 problems showing up any more. Having kde 4.1 stuff on the background
17 cluttering up my system might have had an effect on this.
18
19 I don't know if I ran into your specific problem, just restarting emerge fixed
20 most stuff for me. I did run into a hell of a problem with Xorg after
21 successfully emerging kde 4.2, but that was due to the upgraded unstable xorg-
22 server 1.5.3 evdev not liking my xorg.conf -- and me not having cared to
23 explore the evdev-stuff before being thus forced to.
24
25 No keyboard and no mouse makes using kde 4.2 even worse than kde 4.1 *with*
26 keyboard and mouse. ;)
29 Arttu V.