From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update svn ebuilds only when necessary
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 13:14:46
1 On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 13:17 +0100, Momesso Andrea wrote:
2 > Is there a way to to update svn packages only when there are updates in
3 > the svn source?
4 >
5 > Actually I use a script to grep "9999" from eix -I output and put all
6 > those packages in a package set, then I have a cron job to rebuild this
7 > set weekly.
8 >
9 > What I'd like to do is to only fetch the svn sources, and rebuild the
10 > packages if sources have been updated since last build, saving lots of
11 > compilations.
12 >
13 > Does portage (or any other tool) provide a way to do it?
14
15 Portage doesn't but you should be able to write your own. Change your
16 script to keep track of the revision you build against and if that
17 number increments then the repo has been updated.
18
19 -a