From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: VLC stopped working: XML reader not found
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 01:35:12
1 On 2020-03-22, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > VLC suddenly stopped working this week. Last week it worked fine, but
4 > now I get this:
5 >
6 > $ vlc
7 > VLC media player 3.0.8 Vetinari (revision 3.0.8-0-gf350b6b5a7)
8 > [000055814c41d3e0] main xml reader error: XML reader not found
9 > [000055814c399580] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
10 > Segmentation fault
11 >
12 > I re-emerged it, but no change. Why is VLC suddenly looking for an
13 > XML reader and segfaulting when it doesn't find one?
14 >
15 > A few days ago, I did plug in a second monitor and used xrandr to
16 > configure a single display with two screens. Does that have something
17 > to do with VLC suddenly blowing a gasket about XML?
18
19 It doesn't appear to be related. I switched back to my old single-monitor
20 configuration, and VLC still segfaults the same way.
23 Grant