From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] S/P diff question
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:21:21
1 Hi there!
2
3 I'm wondering why dts and aac sound coming from DVD is perfectly transmitted
4 over the spdif port (the A/V receiver recognizes the format ans switches to
5 dts/dolby mode, and -- much important -- I can hear the movie's sound); But
6 if I try the same with a "normal" divx-file or try to play anything else,
7 nothing comes out over the spdif port, only via the analog audio jacks I
8 can hear something.
9
10 The card is an onboard ac97 codec (via VT8237 based), driver is alsa, from
11 kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r1
12
13 I found in some forum the advise to use alsamixer and set the control "IE958
14 playback AC97-spsa" to 0, I did so, but it didn't help.
15
16 Thanks in adavance for any suggestions.
17
18 Greetings
19 Alex
20 --