From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage + Package Version
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:05:35
1 Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
2
3 > Ok. The package in question is mysql. I what to install version 3, but
4 > I masked the oldest 4.0 and emerge search returns mysql version 5. How
5 > can I install version 3?
6 >
7 > Thanks,
8 >
9 > Leandro
10 >
11 > 2006/5/22, Gian Domeni Calgeer <gidoca@×××.ch>:
12 >
13 >> Am Montag 22 Mai 2006 20.53 schrieb Leandro Melo de Sales:
14 >> > Hi,
15 >> >
16 >> > I want to install an previous version of a package. I need to mask
17 >> > it at /etc/portage/package.mask, but how can I know the available
18 >> > gentoo packages in order to mask the right one?
19 >> >
20 >> > Thanks
21 >> > Leandro
22 >>
23 >> The simplest method is to have a look at http://packages.gentoo.org/ .
24 >>
25 >> Gian
26 >> --
27 >> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 This may help:
32
33 > root@smoker / # etcat -v mysql
34 > [ Results for search key : mysql ]
35 > [ Candidate applications found : 10 ]
36 >
37 > Only printing found installed programs.
38 >
39 > * dev-db/mysql :
40 > [ ] 3.23.58-r1 (0)
41 > [ ] 4.0.25-r2 (0)
42 > [M~ ] 4.0.26-r1 (0)
43 > [ ] 4.0.27 (0)
44 > [ ] 4.1.14-r1 (0)
45 > [M~ ] 4.1.18-r61 (0)
46 > [ ] 4.1.19 (0)
47 > [M~ ] 5.0.19-r1 (0)
48 > [M~ ] 5.0.21 (0)
49 > [M ] 5.1.7_beta (0)
50 > root@smoker / #
53 That command is obsolete. Man equery for the replacement, the one I
54 can't figure out how to use. o_O It still works for me though.
55
56 Dale
57 :-)
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list