From: Jorge Morais <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 10:30:38
1 On Sat, 23 May 2009 04:55:04 -0300
2 Jorge Morais <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Couldn't he have emerged python by invoking
5 > ebuild /usr/port/usr/portage/dev-lang/python/python-2.6.2.ebuild merge
6 > ?
7 > This would do everyting correctly.
8 > And wouldn't it work without Python, since it is written in Bash?
9 > AFAIK, what needs Python is the high level interface to the portage
10 > system, while the low-level interface only needs Bash (but I'm
11 > totally not sure).
12 Please forget this stupidity. The ebuild command is written in Python,
13 not Bash (should have written the email with less haste)
14 >
15 > And finally, couldn't he have gotten a binary package from
16 > http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/dev-lang/
17 > ?
18 But this point still stands.