From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How does emerge know which files to delete during unmerge?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 13:37:38
1 On Thursday, 14 July 2011 19:56:46 Pandu Poluan did opine thusly:
2 > Another question:
3 >
4 > How does emerge know which files to delete during unmerge?
5
6 It remembered what it did when it merged them originally
7
8 > I'm asking this one because I'm in the midst of writing an ebuild,
9 > and I want to know how to tell emerge what new files has been added
10 > (if necessary)
11
12 You do not need to do this. I've never seen an ebuild in the tree that
13 does this.
14
15 If it's clobbering you are worried about, check COLLISION_PROTECT in
16 make.conf
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com