From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Disk Partitioning
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:00:31
1 Hi all,
2 I am so dumb. I partitioned a new disk for 1 large partition, I then needed
3 to make a file system and by mistake I entered
4 mke2fs -j /dev/sda and ignored the warning. I soon discovered that I didn't
5 have any partition so I created it again with fdisk and the made the file
6 system correctly with mke2fs -j /dev/sda1
7
8 My problem now is that when I plug the disk in (it's am external USB disk) I
9 get 2 icons on my kde desktop both saying 200G Media one is /dev/sda and the
10 other /dev/sda1 but of course I only have 1 200G disk.
11
12 How can I correct this?
13
14 Paul
15 --
16 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list