From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] JACK breaks at random
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:04:03
1 On 2010-08-14 00:18, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > But JACK just stops working at random. Sometimes it works, but after a
4 > a while it doesn't anymore. And when that happens (which happens sooner
5 > rather than later,) restarting JACK (with qjackctl) doesn't help; only
6 > rebooting the machine does, which as you can guess is very annoying.
7
8 I don't use jack (but I use alsa without problems) but this might help:
9 http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9717379
10 ...maybe? Googling, also seems to indicate the need for a "realtime"
11 configured kernel (don't know if you got that or not)...
12
13 Best regards
14
15 Peter K