From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Easiest way to block domains?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:42:15
1 On 2017-08-29 01:38, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > I'm building up a rather large hosts file, but the adservers have a
4 > gazillion subnames for each domain, in a deliberate attempt to bypass
5 > hosts files. It would be more effective block entire domains. Is
6 > there a lightweight DNS server, or some iptables trick, or whatever,
7 > that'll block specified domains?
8
9 pdnsd is supposed to be able to do exactly this, per its documentation.
10 However, when I tried it some time ago, I couldn't get it to work:
11
12 https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=682446
13
14 --
15 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
16 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
17 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.