From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sneak peek at next update.
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 15:57:12
1 On 10/14/19 7:47 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2019-10-12, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've run into this many times, whenever portage asks me to update itself
5 >> after a sync I always run `emerge -a portage gentoolkit` to merge them
6 >> both so this error doesn't happen.
7 >
8 > I ran into this for the first time last week, and I tinkered for an
9 > embarassingly long time before it dawned on me that simply emerging
10 > portage and gentoolkit together was the answer. It does seem like a
11 > bit of a bug when emerge tells you to run command "whatever", and when
12 > you do emerge tells you it can't do "whatever".
15 I remember the first time this happened to me some years ago I was
16 thinking it'd be nice if there was a way to tell portage to update
17 direct reverse dependencies. Something like `emerge -1uaR portage` that
18 would tell emerge to update portage and gentoolkit as a reverse
19 dependency. Of course the '-R' option doesn't exist. :)
20
21 Dan