From: hw <hw@×××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xen: How to enable a non-existant USE flag? (xen doesn't work)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:22:38
1 So what happened to the 'hvm' USE flag of the "xen-tools" package?
2
3 http://gentoobrowse.randomdan.homeip.net/package/app-emulation/xen-tools
4 says there is such a flag. However:
7 moonflo ~ # equery uses xen-tools
8 [ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
9 [ : I - package is installed with flag ]
10 [ Colors : set, unset ]
11 * Found these USE flags for app-emulation/xen-tools-4.5.1-r1:
12 U I
13 - - api : Build the C libxenapi bindings
14 - - custom-cflags : Build with user-specified CFLAGS
15 (unsupported)
16 - - debug : Enable extra debug codepaths, like
17 asserts and extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see
18
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Backtraces
20 - - doc : Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc,
21 etc). It is recommended to enable per package instead of globally
22 - - flask : Enable the Flask XSM module from NSA
23 - - ovmf : Enable support to boot UEFI guest vm,
24 needed by hvm
25 + + pam : Enable pam support
26 - - pygrub : Install the pygrub boot loader
27 - - python : Add optional support/bindings for the
28 Python language
29 + + python_targets_python2_7 : Build with Python 2.7
30 - - qemu : Enable IOEMU support via the use of qemu-dm
31 - - screen : Enable support for running domain U
32 console in an app-misc/screen session
33 - - static-libs : Build static versions of dynamic
34 libraries as well
35 - - system-qemu : Using app-emulation/qemu instead of the
36 bundled one
37 - - system-seabios : Using sys-firmware/seabios instead of
38 the bundled one
39 moonflo ~ #
42 So there is no such flag. Apparently my installation is missing
43 'hvmloader', and I'm guessing that I would have that if I could enable
44 the 'hmv' USE flag.
45
46 How do I enable a USE flag that doesn't seem to exist?