From: Dan <drose@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NTFS resizing
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:17:42
1 Pingveno wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to resize an NTFS partition to fit Gentoo on a new laptop.
4 > As recommended by countless sources all over the Internet, I am using
5 > Knoppix & Qtparted for resizing. However, QTParted complains about
6 > accounting errors in the NTFS filesystem (yes, I know that's
7 > redundant). After a little bit of Google searching, I discovered I
8 > needed to use chkdsk on Windows with the /f switch to fix the errors.
9 > Easy. Of course, chkdsk alerted me that it can't modify a running NTFS
10 > system. Okay, so I do what it recommends to me: let the checking be
11 > run after a reboot.
12 >
13 > None of this is exactly extraordinary. However, there is the slight
14 > problem that chkdsk never actually runs at start up. No bueno. Any
15 > tricks to con it into working?
16 >
17 > -Pingveno
18 >
19 > P.S. This is a Thinkpad T43
20 >
21 You can try booting with "bartPE", or a disk you can make with "nlite".
22
23 These tools both allow you to create a bootable windows CD in the
24 Knoppix style.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list