From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] make.{conf,profile} move to /etc/portage
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:02:39
1 On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 07:59:41 -0400, Doug Hunley wrote:
2
3 > Just saw the eselect news item saying make.conf and make.profile are
4 > moving to /etc/portage next week. Unfortunately, there's no link to a
5 > page w/ more info in the news item. Does anyone know what version of
6 > portage knows to look for them in this location? I don't want to move
7 > mine prematurely :)
8
9 The current testing version, 2.2.0_alpha125, works with make.conf moved
10 to the new location. At least, emerge --info still shows the same
11 settings.
12
13 > And yes, I read that we don't need to do anything. I *want* them in
14 > /etc/portage. I've always felt they belonged there.
15
16 Agreed.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists
23 solutions are things that are still all mixed up.