From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird ">"
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:10:47
1 Peng schreef:
2 >>I'll check MozillaZine and Google
3 >>later.... Mozdev seems to like to hide this stuff. If you've ever tried
4 >>to find the list of command-line switches for Netscape/Moz/Firefox on
5 >>the Internet, you'll know exactly what I mean.
6 >>
7 >>Holly
10 > What do you mean about the command line switches? The Mozilla.org page
11 > about them is right at the top if you Google "Mozilla command line".
12
13 So it is.... now... but look at the date of this document:
14
15 Mozilla's Command Line Options
16 By Daniel Wang (May 7, 2003, revised June 02, 2004)
17
18 I've been using this program long, long, before this
19 (Netscape=>Mozilla=>Firefox, some 8 or 10 years, thus), and I'm much
20 more used to having a hard time finding this information (which is
21 basically the same as it has been since Netscape 4.3x, in terms of
22 starting the Profile Manager and such), than to it being easy.
23
24 It's good to know that it's much more readily available, though.
27 > Also, for Thunderbird, pretty much any character could be used, though
28 > that character would be displayed, too, of course. I think even a pipe
29 > would work. They are used for quotes sometimes, though, I think, so
30 > maybe another character would be better.
31
32 Yes, the obvious workaround is to put double quotes around it as I did
33 in the edit. I just dislike that, because, to be thorough, you also then
34 have to add a "don't forget to remove the quotes" disclaimer in order to
35 be newbie-friendly.
36
37 But here, I can *probably* be a bit more lax and trust you all to be
38 clever enough to know that already :) .
39
40 Holly
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list