From: Kumar Golap <tizan.moris@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] suspend2 and /dev/ permissions
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 05:42:36
1 Thanks.
2 I did not have pam_console_apply..I reemerged pam with the newuse flag.
3 ..works fine after i put it in the hibernate.conf file.
4
5 Kumar
9 On 8/7/05, Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > Kumar Golap wrote:
11 > > Hi All,
12 > >
13 > > I am using suspend2 kernel 2.6.12-r4.
14 > >
15 > > After coming out from hibernation my permissions on some /dev deivices
16 > > is lost, for e.g i have to be root to burn a CD or use my tv-card or i
17 > > have to su and change the permissions on those devices...
18 > >
19 > > Why is this happening...
20 > >
21 > > Also is there a way in hibernate script or otherwise to restore the
22 > > /dev/ permissions and not lose them
25 > > Thanks
26 > >
27 > > Kumar
30 > If you have pam built with USE=pam_console then you can use pam_console_apply (see manpage) to apply permissions after resume.
31 >
32 > Zac
33 > --
34 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list