From: Heiko Nock <hnock@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage broken, can't load module cache_errors
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:59:44
1 On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 09:44:19AM -0200, Bruno Lustosa wrote:
2
3 > Just synced and tried to update world.
4 > Portage updated itself, and then died when trying to exec itself.
5 > I updated from 2.0.53 to 2.1_pre1. The error is:
6 >
7 > !!! Failed to complete python imports. There are internal modules for
8 > !!! python and failure here indicates that you have a problem with python
9 > !!! itself and thus portage is not able to continue processing.
10 >
11 > !!! You might consider starting python with verbose flags to see what has
12 > !!! gone wrong. Here is the information we got for this exception:
13 > No module named cache.cache_errors
14 > Well, can't even run portage now to check things.
15 > I filed bug 115841 on bugzilla. Is anyone here experiencing the same thing?
16
17 Yes :(
18
19 I can't even back out the update, because every major portage command relies
20 on a working python.
21
22 Ciao, Heiko...
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list