From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple Routes to the same Subnet
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 00:39:10
1 On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:47:19 +0100
2 Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday 07 November 2007 18:30:22 kashani wrote:
5 > > > Does anyone have any suggestions, or comments, or criticisms?
6 > > >  Anybody konw how to do a thing like that?
7 > >
8 > > First off don't assign separate IPs to each port on your four port
9 > > card, bond them into a single interface. That will simplify your
10 > > config and perform better.
11 >
12 > Yup, bonding is really cool, and trivially simple to setup.
13 > Enable CONFIG_BONDING as a module, in "Network device support".
14 > Install ifenslave, then edit /etc/modules.d/bond, like this:
15 >
16 > alias bond1 bonding
17 > options bond1 mode=1 miimon=100 max_bonds=5
18 >
19 > You probably want mode 0, I use mode 1 for redundancy only. Then
20 > change your net config to something like this:
21 >
22 > config_eth0=( "null" )
23 > config_eth4=( "null" )
24 > RC_NEED_bond1="net.eth0 net.eth4"
25 > slaves_bond1="eth0 eth4"
26 > config_bond1=( "192.168.1.1/24" )
27 >
28 > Then you use bondX from then on (no net.ethX should be in any
29 > runlevel).
30 >
31 Thanks for the quick howto. I'm running through it now.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list