From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] akonadi ... don't you just love it?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 05:37:11
1 On Monday, August 11, 2014 10:45:07 PM Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 11 Aug 2014 20:01:16 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > isn't it great? back in the days when kmail stored emails in files,
4 > > everything worked great and even folders with 100k mails were not a
5 > > problem.
6 > >
7 > > But, no, they had to break that.
8 > >
9 > > I lost ca 500k emails thanks to akonadi-crap and errors like that. I
10 > > really loved kmail and thunderbird is garbage compared - but akonadi
11 > > took away that choice.
12 > >
13 > > Thank you, kdepim-devs for making the dumbest decision ever! *thumbsup*
14 >
15 > I share your feelings although I haven't lost messages in my current attempt
16 > to road test kmail2. I am dreading the moment when kmail1 will stop
17 > working due to bitrot and I'll have to make a choice. :-(
18
19 With a modern machine and the latest versions, it's not too bad and responds
20 quicker then kmail-1 did. With the old version, I often had kmail become
21 unresponsive when synchronizing the email.
22
23 I didn't loose any emails, but that is more likely related to the emails being
24 stored on an imap server, rather then being lucky.
25
26 I really don't see the point of forcing mysql as a backend. Sqlite would have
27 been a better choice.
30 Joost