From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:06:54
1 On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 06:25:00AM -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 18 2011, David Abbott wrote:
3 >
4 > > If you open up wicd => Preferences => General Settings => Wired
5 > > interface the defaultis eth0.
6 >
7 > That is what I have. Are you suggesting I should change it to usb0?
8 >
9 > > I did not have to manually create any symlink as I think wicd does any
10 > > majic that is needed on its own.
11 >
12 > > One think to consider is that your phone does not have tethering
13 > > enabled, that your carrier has blocked it.
14 >
15 > Ah. Does this mean that I will not even see the usb0 interface on linux
16 > if I have not had my phone and service enabled for tethering?
17 >
18 > I had thought that I could deal with any phone/verizon issues
19 > only after I had the linux setup correct and the usb
20 > interface was there.
23 Unless they've made some changes in the last two months, Verizon
24 just presents you with a EULA for tethering rates before allowing
25 you to access the web.
26
27 Tethering with a blackberry via USB (using the BB as a USB modem)
28 is extremely easy, not sure why your HTC is so stubborn...
31 caveat utilitor