From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with kde 4.10.0
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 01:58:42
1 On 02/26/2013 07:13 PM, luis jure wrote:
2 >
3 > hello list,
4 >
5 > i use xfce, but i have several kde applications (k3b, digikam, tellico).
6 > after upgrading to kde 4.10.0 i had problems with all my kde apps.
7 >
8 > i receive similar error messages saying that the application couldn't
9 > create the I/O slave and "Klauncher returned: Error loading «kio_file»"
10 >
11 > after downloading to 4.9.5 everything went back to normal.
12 >
13 > has anyone experienced similar problems?
16 > best,
19 > lj
22 Have you tried updating your whole system and possibly a revdep-rebuild?
23
24 I remember one KDE upgrade I did quite a while ago did something like
25 that and revdep-rebuild fixed it. I think it had to recompile kdelibs
26 and something else but your case may be different.
27
28 Dan