From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update the clock using internet servers: recommendations
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:00:36
1 Hi Damian,
2
3 damian wrote on 24/11/08 21:01:
4 > In the past I've used htpdate to synchronize my computer's clock. But
5 > I would like to know what daemon would you recommend me. I'm searching
6 > for a lightweight option.
7
8 ntp is a 'standard' ntp set-up. It needs some configuration work to get
9 it running properly, though it works more or less 'out of the box'.
10
11 openntpd is a simplified ntp. It is very easy to set up, but has less
12 possibilities than the 'standard' ntp.
13
14 Both packages are lightweight, with very low system overhead.
15
16 Cheers, Dave