From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiz-Fusion
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 19:18:52
1 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Dec 31, 2007 11:23 AM, Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Anyone using compiz-fusion on this list? I'm putting together a system
4 >> I'll be using to demo linux. compiz-fusion appears to be the "eye-candy"
5 >> that would make a demo shine. I see that its in portage (masked) any
6 >> gotchas I should be aware of before proceeding?
7 >
8 > I've been using it for months with NVidia and Intel drivers; not a
9 > problem. Well, with NVidia
10 > you need to unload the v4l module for X.org, otherwise it crash X; but
11 > that's the only issue.
12 >
13 > Also, I recommend to grab the fusion-icon package from the xeffects overlay.
14 Thank you. I'll def give it a try.
17 Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
18 Cranbrook, B.C.
19 --