From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@×××.de>
To: Dr Rainer Woitok <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Footer line with LibreOffice's Calc?
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 16:46:14
1 Hello Rainer,
2 Excel automatically adjusts the formular to include the newly added line,
3 while LibreCalc does not ... by default. However, there is
4 a setting (Extras -> Optionen -> LibreOffice Calc -> Allgemein -> Eingabe-Einstellungen)
5 called "Bezüge beim Einfügen von Zeilen/Spalten an deren Rändern ausdehnen",
6 which does the trick.
7
8 HTH,
9 s.
10
11 Samstag, 9. April 2022 17:36:
12
13 > Greetings,
14
15 > are there any LibreOffice Calc experts on this list?
16
17 > I have some "*.xlsx" files  which were created with Excel under Windows.
18 > These feature a "footer" line,  which for instance  compute the sums for
19 > various columns.   If you use Excel under Windows  and insert  a new row
20 > before this footer line, the sum in the footer line will be updated acc-
21 > ordingly.  Using "Calc" this line is a normal line, and inserting anoth-
22 > er line before it does NOT adjust the row numbers in its formulas.
23
24 > Googling for "libreoffice calc footer"  pointed me to clicking on "Head-
25 > ers and Footers" in the "Insert" pulldown menu.  However, this is greyed
26 > out.   Do I need special USE flags to activate that?   Or are ther other
27 > methods to update the formulas in a row when another row is inserted be-
28 > fore it?
29
30 > Any help appreciated :-)
31