From: Khumba <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Circular dependencies...
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:04:35
1 On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:57:22 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:36:40 +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 >
6 > > thank you for the inofrmation! :))
7 > > I am currently on the way of installing texlive completly
8 > > and I cannot get enough documentation about it...
9 > > So I thought, that "doc" was a good idea...but iw seems not
10 > > to be...
11 >
12 > It may be a good idea, for that package, but not globally. Even so,
13 > unless you need API documentation, I doubt you want that flag.
14
15 Also it makes the compile time for some packages longer; kdelibs is a
16 case where it takes significantly longer (30+ minutes iirc? it's been
17 a while).
18
19 Sometimes I think it'd be nice to be able to enable all manuals / user
20 guides but not necessarily API documentation (examples: wireshark,
21 postgresql-server, ghc), but since that's the extent of my examples,
22 and two of them are development-related, I doubt it's worth the
23 effort.
24
25 - Khumba