From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-base/xorg-x11 not needed?!
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:16:13
1 On Thursday 12 October 2006 00:56, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I did "emerge -p --depclean" and it would remove x11-base/xorg-x11
3 > (version 7.0-r1).
4 > Now, how can this be? (No, I don't run a X-less workstation!)
5 > I know --depclean is not to be blindly trusted, but is this normal?
6
7 As has been mentioned before on this list you could still run your X programs
8 with an external X server. Hence it's not that unlikely that nothing requires
9 a local X server. To tell it you want to keep the local X server run:
10
11 # emerge --noreplace xorg-x11
14 Bo Andresen