From: mudrii <mudrii@××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing problem with SMC pcmia network card
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 07:06:29
1 alchemist wrote:
2
3 >Hello,
4 >I am trying to install gentoo on a old dell laptop.
5 >I am trying to get the networking with a SMC pcmia ethernet card. I am booting in using the option to
6 >turn pcmia support on. When I do this the lights on the card light up to indicate it has power and system
7 >finds eth0. I then run net-setup and assign it an IP, gateway... I then check the port with ifconfig eth0 and
8 >correct gateway, ip are shown, but I can not even ping the router (or the IPS DNS). The lights on card never light to
9 >indicate I have a connection.
10 >I have search through the archive and have not found a solution. Any help on what I am missing here would be greatly appreciated.
11 >
12 >Thanks again.
13 >
14 >________________________________________________________________
15 >Juno Gift Certificates
16 >Give the gift of Internet access this holiday season.
17 >http://www.juno.com/give
20 >--
21 >gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
27 It showd work
28
29 try
30
31 #mii-tool
32
33 see conection
34
35 #ping 127.0.0.1
36
37 chk the cable and IP to have same subnet and clus ass router.
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list