From: v_2e <v_2e@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] coolest mp3 player?
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 00:20:51
1 Hello!
2
3 On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 17:16:22 +0000 (UTC)
4 james <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > Well, I have not kept up on mp3/wav/<audio fil> portable players,
6 > so your input as to a Gentoo friendly device is welcome. A miniture
7 > video screen is not necessary, and keeping costs down is desired.
8 > Google for this said device leaves me with this scant choices:
9 >
10 > Sandisk has the Sansa Clip +
11 >
12 I have been using this model for several years and I am just fond of
13 it. It has a great hardware quality (at least, its playback part), and
14 by installing the RockBox on it you obtain a very powerful software
15 which you can even customize by yourself.
16 It is also GNU/Linux-friendly, since the latest versions of RockBox
17 feature the complete USB exchange support, and you can copy the
18 files just like to a regular USB flash drive.
19 I recommend this player to everybody, especially to the people who
20 appreciate free software.
21 My only doubt is whether these players are still available on the
22 market or not. Sansa Clip+ is a rather old model.
23
24 Regards,
25 Vladimir
26