From: Wang Xuerui <idontknw.wang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't find init due to inconsistent drive order
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 14:34:58
1 2013/7/2 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>:
2 > It looks like my options are:
3 >
4 > <snip>
5 >
6 > 5) For the drive with the root parition on it switch from a DOS
7 > parition table to a GPT partition table and use the
8 > root=PARTUUID=<whatever> kernel option.
9 >
10 > Switching to a GPT partition table sounds like the cleanest solution,
11 > but I need to figure out if the grub (legacy) ebuild includes GPT
12 > support or not. I know it's supported by grub2, but I don't really
13 > feel like switching to grub2 ATM.
14
15 I'm not exactly sure about your system's setup, but msdos partition
16 tables can also hold partition UUIDs, which can be seen by running
17 blkid. So, such a solution does not necessarily imply a GPT-based
18 setup... you can experiment with it a bit, having fun tweaking kernel
19 parameters :)