From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] start-stop-daemon: how to set directory?
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 00:05:02
1 On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 20:27 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I'm writing an init script for a daemon that needs to be started in a
3 > particular directory, and I can't figure out how to do that with
4 > start-stop-daemon.
5 >
6 > It always seems to start the daemon in '/' regardless of the current
7 > working directory when start-stop-daemon is invoked.
10 start-stop-daemon has a man page that explains it's options, including:
11
12 -d, --chdir path
13 chdir to this directory before starting the daemon.