From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 10:19:43
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2
3 > Am 15.05.2014 11:39, schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
4 >
5 > > I did not try the -H, I may test with that later.
8 > > I did look at the --print-cmdline and copied the volumes they mentioned,
9 > > but I have other lvm volumes in my fstab and none of them were activated,
10 > > only the ones I specified in the command line! This is where I have run
11 > > into problems. I have quite a few lvms, I want them all activated!
12 >
13 > Sure. I remember having an extra lvm.service for systemd to have all the
14 > LVs activated ... with that unit-file it worked more reliably for me
15 > (maybe not needed since some time).
16 >
17 > For sure that service file is only run *after* the initrd has
18 > found/activated/mounted your LVM-based root ... might be a workaround to
19 > specify the root-LV in the kernel command line (plus maybe "rd.auto
20 > rd.lvm=1" ?) and then let the service file activate the rest of the LVs.
21 >
22 > Just to get you started at last ;-)
25 > > Also, since I wrote the last message, I have been looking at the
26 > > journalctl output and discovered a couple of things which I would like
27 > > some help on, but getting the lvms to work is more important.
28 > >
29 > > First, whatever happened to DefaultControllers -- I want to disable
30 > > those cpu hierarchies, but that option seems to have disappeared without
31 > > a trace, although you can google and see it in some documentation.
32 > >
33 > > The keyword also was not accepted in an install section I have, what is
34 > > the matter with that?
35 >
36 > What keyword? I don't understand right now.
37 >
38 > > I want to use my sysklogd for my syslog, how can
39 > > I use that with systemd?
40 >
41 > systemd's journal will be written to a socket if you configure it in
42 > /etc/systemd/journald.conf
43 >
44 > I would check "man journald.conf" and the option:
45 >
46 > ForwardToSyslog=
47 >
48 > and then let your chosen log-daemon listen there.
49 >
50 > IMO you should take a look at journalctl then anyway ... new concepts,
51 > but powerful features.
52
53 Sure, but what I was looking for was a way to start syslogd and klogd
54 using systemd -- I do have a socket option so they can listen on the
55 socket so that should be OK.
58 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
59 How do
60 you spend it?
61
62 John Covici