From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: About "make install all" when kernel building
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 00:00:50
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > That config looks fine. However, you only have one kernel stanza. To be
4 > really safe, copy the old one to a second entry and clearly label it as
5 > the old one. Then you can select it if the new one does fail to boot.
6 >
7 > It's easier that way than trying to edit it in grub's editor
8
9 Many thanks... I remember there being those old kernel lines now that
10 you mention it.... I probably would have proceeded though without your
11 comment.