From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiress Question...
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:55:11
1 On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 9:42 AM, BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have a Dell D600 Laptop that I've got Gentoo installed on. It pretty much uses Gentoo full-time now. (Yeah!)
3 > I very frequently use the Wireless with it, which works great for the most part. However, it seems that the connection drops every once in a while, and the system doesn't detect it.
4 > A quick restart of the wlan0 interface (/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 restart) resolves the issue.
5 >
6 > I was wondering what the normal procedure is for this.
7 >
8 > I have WPA Supplicant installed, but it doesn't seem to be managing my wireless at all. (Would be great to get it to do so.)
9 >
10 > I'd really like to get this working properly. It's the probably the last thing to making the system 100% usable 100% of the time, and the only annoyance right now.
11 >
12 > Ben
13
14 Write a quick script to run from cron every 2 or 5 minutes that tests
15 the connection and restarts if needed? Also straight from the
16 handbook...
17
18 # Prefer wpa_supplicant over wireless-tools
19 modules=( "wpa_supplicant" )
20
21 And if that doesn't do the trick, there's always a means of forcing
22 modules, but I don't have it handy, should be in net.example
23 somewhere.
26 Poison [BLX]
27 Joshua M. Murphy