From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: network problem :: new install
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 02:14:09
1 "pat" <pat@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I have a new notebook and trying to setup my Gentoo. I've followed the Gentoo
6 > handbook and setup the network as DHCP.
7 >
8 > But during the boot I have error like this:
9 > eth0 does not exist
10 >
11 > I have to missed something but I have no idea :-(
12 >
13 > Could someone push me ???
14
15 Do you have the needed modules loaded for you network adapter.
16
17 You'll find some discussion early on in the installation docs telling
18 how to find the modules you need in the kernel sources and load them.
19 And how to load them automatically at boot.
20
21 Look back thru the installation document for a section dealing with
22 pcmcia as well.
23
24 Go to the gentoo handbook for x86 (All on one page is easier to
25 search). The whole first part is dealing with installation. You'll
26 find a section on pcmcia and modules under network or nearby.
27
28 Start here:
29 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1
30
31 Walk thru that with firefox search function set to `pcmcia'. Don't
32 stop at the kernel section keep going.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list