From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gigabyte and controlling fans
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:45:13
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:58:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >>> Rule of thumb: everything you need to boot built in, everything else
6 >>> modules. Results in the least problems.
7 >>>
8 >
9 >> Well, having them built in has worked all these years.
10 >>
11 > Of course, it's not like you ever had problems with your mouse and
12 > keyboard drivers and HAL...
16 And I got rid of hal too. If hal had worked, I'd be using it. It
17 didn't so I removed it. Nothing complicated with that.
18
19 Also, is hal a module? I thought it was software. How would building
20 modules in the kernel have fixed hal?
21
22 Just a thought.
23
24 Dale