From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mesa build failure
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:03:00
1 On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Friday 26 June 2009 21:05:01 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> So the weirdness continues. mesa built but then xorg-server failed
4 >> with the same failure:
7 >>  * >>> SetUID: [chmod go-r] /usr/bin/Xorg ...
8 >>                        [ ok ]
9 >>
10 >> Switching to xorg-x11 OpenGL interface...ln: creating symbolic link
11 >> `./libglx.so': File exists
12 >> !!! Error: Failed to create /lib/libglx.so
13 >
14 > Looks like you have a file collision between xorg-server and mesa, which is
15 > odd as those packages get a lot of testing.
16 >
17 > Anything on bugs.gentoo.org?
20 I haven't looked there yet but I will.
21
22 I'm on a mission here. For this machine I want emerge -e @system to
23 install NOTHING having to do with X11. After I get to that point,
24 depclean'ed, revdep'ed, eix-test-obsoleted, then I'm going back to
25 installing X from scratch. I've just gotten past the emerge -e @system
26 part now.
27
28 I'm sort of surprised the openssh shows up as part of @system, or it's
29 getting pulled in somehow, and its default flags are dragging in X.
30
31 Sort of anal I suppose but these machine have been neglected for the
32 last couple of years being stuck with old drivers & old kernels. If
33 I'm going to try and get the newest ati-drivers working I feel like I
34 sort of owe it to those developers (and myself) to have as few issues
35 hanging out as possible.
36
37 Thanks,
38 Mark