From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] recomendations for web stats in php
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:46:10
1 On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, glumtail wrote:
2
3 > Why not write a GLOBAL script for collecting some usefull information?
4 > And then just be included in every pages, store records in a
5 > particular file.
6
7 This is a horrible way to do it. A lot of free stats services do something
8 similar with a block of JavaScript (usually some code that hits a script
9 on the stats server while the page is loading).
10
11 Since your web server logs accesses and errors it does most of the work
12 for you! All you need to do is download the logs and run analog on them
13 (optional: you could also setup analog to feed data to reportmagic).
14
15 On our servers we have written scripts to do this weekly.