From: Doug Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] lilo 'duplicate volume id' issue after attaching esata enclosure
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:32:50
1 The subject line pretty much says it all. I've been happily using lilo
2 to boot from my internal 4-disk sata array (md, raid 1) for a while
3 now and I recently bought an external sata enclosure. I cabled it up
4 to my machine, added 4 disks I had sitting around, and on boot, lilo
5 throws a 'duplicate vol-id detected' error and halts...
6 I did a bunch of googling, and it looks like if I could just get
7 booted, running 'lilo' would actually fix the problem, but I can't get
8 lilo booted past this error.
9
10 Ideas on how I can fix/remove the vol-id from the external disks?
13 Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@×××××.com)
14 Twitter: @hunleyd                                               Web:
15 douglasjhunley.com
16 G+: http://goo.gl/sajR3