From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting samsung galaxy S III (android ics)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:47:19
1 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > I just purchased a new smartphone (samsung galaxy S III), which runs
3 > android ice cream sandwitch 4.0.4). I would like to copy files
4 > to and from the phone. The phone manual describes how to do this for
5 > windows (nothing needed) and Mac (a program to download), but not for
6 > gnu-linux. Apparently the phone supports MTP (media transfer protocol)
7 > and PTP (picture transfer protocol)
8 >
9 > I did some googling and there are a number of comments but no clear
10 > recommendations. Has anyone here performed file transfer
11 > gentoo <--> samsung S3.
12 >
13 > I run amd64, but I don't think that is very relevant.
14 >
15 > Just mounting or ftp would be enough; I really just want to move some
16 > files.
17 >
18 > I don't have an SD card on the phone, but would be willing to get one if
19 > that is needed.
20 >
21 > thanks,
22 > allan
23
24 I use wammu for my Motorola. It works pretty good. You may want to
25 check into that until someone else chimes in with something else or
26 something better.
27
28 Oh, make sure you config the phone to be connected to a puter. I always
29 forget that with my phone and it makes me scratch my head for a while
30 then smack my forehead when I remember to change/check the config in the
31 phone.
32
33 Hope that helps.
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!