From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Most all KDE 4 emerges fail. Cmake is common.
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:52:12
1 James Ausmus wrote:
4 > On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Arttu V. wrote:
8 >
9 > On 1/21/10, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
10 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
13 > CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98
14 > (MESSAGE):
15 > ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
16 > Call Stack (most recent call first):
17 > CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package)
21 > Ok, so kde4-config is not returning any path for the kde4 data
22 > (i.e.,
23 > apps?) dir?
24 >
25 > Does "kde4-config --path data" return anything if you run it
26 > from a shell?
31 > You have a good hammer. I think you hit the problem or at least a
32 > good start to fixin it.
33 >
34 > root@smoker / # kde4-config --path data
35 > kde4-config: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5:
36 > undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData7detach3Ev
37 > root@smoker / #
38 >
39 > I get a clean revdep-rebuild so is it missing this one? Is it
40 > something else?
44 > Try re-emerging kde-base/kdelibs - both kde4-config and libkdecore.so*
45 > are owned by kdelibs.
46 >
47 > -James
50 I think I tried that and it failed. I'm going to try it again and see
51 if it helps. I know I tried a couple packages and each failed with a
52 error similar to the one I posted. I'll post back what happens, success
53 or fail.
54
55 Thanks.
56