From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo for me?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:14:39
1 On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:33:26 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > > Portage has done parallel downloads for years, it no longer waits for
4 > > one package to finish installing before starting to download the
5 > > next. It's controlled by FEATURES="parallel-fetch".
6
7 > A new one on me ... tkx, added it to my FEATURES!
8
9 It seems to be enabled by default
10
11 [nelz@yooden ~ 0]% grep parallel /etc/make.conf
12 [nelz@yooden ~ 1]% emerge --info | grep parallel
13 FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs buildpkg distlocks ebuild-locks
14 fixlafiles news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox
15 sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans
16 userfetch"
17 [nelz@yooden ~ 0]% eselect profile show
18 Current /etc/make.profile symlink:
19 default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?