From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 06:59:50
1 The 10/10/13, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > if something like sshd crashes, you either have a hardware problem or
4 > sshd is buggy. Either way, better not be pampered over with a silent
5 > service restart.
6
7 So, restarting a service should not be silent (I think it isn't) and
8 might need better alerts. Oh, don't the admin have the tools for this
9 already (sendmail, motd, snmp, whatever)?
10
11 I'm not pretending the current situation is perfect but if admins are
12 tired to configure alerts on their own, it should not be that hard to
13 improve and factorize efforts (at Gentoo at least, if not upstream).
16 Nicolas Sebrecht