From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modules autoloading?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:05:08
1 On Saturday 29 April 2006 7:39 am, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > I performed a massive update on my laptop last night, and started
5 > observing the following behaviour on boot.
6 >
7 > A message would pop-up saying to the effect that "udev is processing
8 > kernel events" and then proceeds to load a bunch of kernel modules
9 > which I didn't specify for loading in /etc/modules.autoload.d
10 >
11 > In autoload, I only specified 'bcm570x' for my NIC, but after the
12 > updates, the computer would automatically load the 'ipw2200' module
13 > for wireless and 'radeon_fb' (which I was playing with for a while
14 > but have decided not to use).
15 >
16 > Any clue as to where I can turn off this behaviour? I checked the
17 > config files for udev and /etc/conf.d/rc, and I don't see anything
18 > obvious.
21 You could try rebuilding the kernel without those modules... althoug why is
22 the kernel loading them anyway if the hardware isnt there
25 Look, just gimme some inner peace, or I'll mop the floor with ya!
26
27 -- Homer Simpson
28 El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer