From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:11:22
1 On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 04:15:10 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > Now, the problem is that I am using zfs and will not give it up, and
4 > the version I have been using 0.8.6 is no longer supported in 5.10
5 > versions of the kernel. So, I need a newer version of zfs and a
6 > rescue cd in case I get into trouble.
7
8 It doesn't answer your question, other have done that, but FWIW I went
9 from ZFS 0.8.4 to 2.0 a year ago and it went without a hitch. Just emerge
10 the later ZFS packages first, check everything works then update your
11 kernel.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
18 I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
19 I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
20 All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
21 week. Time to die.