From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to configure thochpad sensitivity (using hal)?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 05:26:23
1 On 2010-11-15, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 >> Whether Xorg uses HAL or not is controlled by a USE flag isn't it? So
4 >> upstream choses the defaults for USE flags?
5 >
6 > No, upstream chooses the default config out of the box.
7 >
8 > Gentoo does what Gentoo has to do to replicate that config.
9
10 OK. (To me that means that upstream does choose the defaults for USE
11 flags, but that may just be semantics).
12
13 > Gentoo needs a very good reason to change upstream default behaviour,
14 > along the lines of extreme brokenness.
15
16 There are those of us that might think HAL meets that criteria, but
17 that's pretty much moot at this point. :)
18
19 Looking forward to a HAL-free system...
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Okay ... I'm going
23 at home to write the "I HATE
24 gmail.com RUBIK's CUBE HANDBOOK FOR
25 DEAD CAT LOVERS" ...