From: "Ignas Anikevičius" <anikevicius@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Please help, kernel can not load root
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 00:49:45
2 > Well, going through the list that comes to mind after that... the
3 > block device itself, since the scsi layer sees the device but the VFS
4 > layer doesn't see the block device:
5 > CONFIG_BLOCK=y
6 > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y
9 Thanks, it was actually compiled as a module. That crept in when I was
10 trying to make make my cdrom work if I connect it after I load the kernel.
11 Somehow it just does not work if it is not present during boot time. As you
12 saw from the log, it is connected via SATA interface.
13
14 Well, I'll try to boot a kernel with this thing compiled in and will see
15 how it goes.
16
17 Thanks a lot,
18 Ignas