From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Build error on poppler
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 02:45:34
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> [11-10-19 04:40]:
2 > On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > this morning I got this (after update poppler and xorgserver had to be
6 > > updated):
7 > <SNIP>
8 > > It seems poppler wants a library which version is not available for
9 > > gentoo.
12 > > If there is need for more information (the mentioned logs for example)
13 > > I will it send it to the list.
14 > >
15 > > Best regards,
16 > > mcc
17 >
18 > On one of my machines I saw a different on the same version of
19 > poppler. I did an emerge -C poppler and then emerge -DuN @world and it
20 > picked up a newer version without complaining.
21 >
22 > HTH,
23 > Mark
26 Hi Mark,
27
28 thank you for your help ! :)
29
30 I tried it and it results in this:
31
32 solfire:/root>emerge -DuN @world
33 Calculating dependencies... done!
34 [ebuild N ~] app-text/poppler-0.18.0 USE="cairo cxx introspection jpeg jpeg2k lcms png qt4 tiff utils xpdf-headers -cjk -curl -debug -doc"
35
36 The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
37 #required by app-office/libreoffice-3.3.4, required by @selected, required by @world (argument)
38 >=app-text/poppler-0.18.0 ~amd64
39
40 NOTE: This --autounmask behavior can be disabled by setting
41 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n" in make.conf.
42
43 Use --autounmask-write to write choanges to config files (honoring CONFIG_PROTECT).
46 Is this just another of those cases, where I have to unmask an item
47 and "dont mix 'em" ;) ???
48
49 Best regards,
50 mcc