From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML emails
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 09:56:06
1 > On 16 Aug 2016, at 17:24, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > So, here's my crontab entry. It's not necessarily the most efficient, but since I'm not around to wait on it, I don't really care; it works.
5 >
6 > 0 18 * * * /usr/bin/eix-sync >/dev/null; /usr/bin/glsa-check --list ; /usr/sbin/perl-cleaner all ; /usr/sbin/python-updater ; /usr/sbin/haskell-updater ; /usr/bin/emerge -uDN @wor
7 > ld && emerge @preserved-rebuild && revdep-rebuild && emerge --depclean && revdep-rebuild
8 > The eix-sync, when backed by git, is really, really, really noisy, so I >/dev/null it. There's a ridiculous amount of stuff in the output every night. Though that may be because of my EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS:
9 >
10 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--tree --with-bdeps=y --keep-going --quiet-build=y --deep --unordered-display --load-average 3 --jobs=3 --rebuild-if-new-slot y"
11 > In the end, it's been working for me for quite a long time. I've been doing this (or something like it) for well over a year without it hosing my system. I even have it rolling updating KDE Plasma, KDE Applications, KDE Frameworks and Qt, though that takes about 450 lines in packages.accept_keywords.
14 Your terminal colours are gopping!
15
16 Now I've expressed my distaste, can we all go back to plain text email, please?
17
18 Mr Mol has been posting in HTML the last week, too - I have yet to update my glasses' prescription, and his font is far too small for me (or, I hope really, for my Retina™ screen).
19
20 Stroller.