From: Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re:emerge [gentoo-user] logging output
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 12:56:21
1 Use less,
2
3 emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse @world | less
4
5 Or screen,
6
7 screen emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse @world
8 # then Ctrl+A Esc to go into copy mode which can be navigated with up and down arrow keys
9
10 Or output to file,
11
12 emerge --update --deep --newuse @world > emerge.log
13
14 # then you can open it in a text editor and search around.
15 # I took out the `--ask` so that it wouldn't prompt before starting
16