From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old cyrus-imapd from overlay
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:12:01
1 Am 2012-02-29 08:23, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
2 > Stefan,
3 >
4 > I haven't had problems with upgrading, but I didn't "wait" this long.
5 > Eg. I didn't migrate from 2.1 to 2.4 directly.
6
7 *SIGH* ;-)
8
9 > I would suggest you check on the cyrus-imap mailing list (see bottom of
10 > email) for tips. Installing it is simple, but there are a few changes with
11 > some of the files.
12 >
13 > A safer method would be running the 2 versions in parallel and using
14 > imapsync or something similar to copy the email over to the new version.
15
16 Sure, yes. I have to research how to do that for hundreds of mailboxes
17 in one command ...
18
19 I have 2.4.12 on the newer box already, will look that up asap.
20
21 Thanks, Stefan